Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Module 4 Post



The information I included on my graphic organizer represents some of the technological tools that I want to integrate into my classroom this year. I've heard of many teachers and other professionals who have discussions via Twitter, but since that site is blocked at my school, I had to look for another option. I found Twiducate, and I can't wait to try it with my students this year. In addition to using Twiducate, I also want to try out Edmodo, which is similar to Facebook. This will be the first time I'm using these types of technological tools in my classroom, so I'm not going to rush into anything. Hopefully, these platforms will not only help my students and I bond and communicate more, but will also help me to convey content. I'm hoping that using technology similar to the things my kids participate in outside of school will help them to feel more empowered in our classroom. I've already shared these two sites with another teacher at my school, so maybe we'll even be able to develop some activities across grade levels using this technology.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monica,
    It's interesting that your school doesn't allow Twitter and Facebook but will allow Twiducate and Edmodo. Is the environment student friendly on the two that they do allow? Is the platform predominantly for educators and students?
    Neena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought Monica and it's always hard to implement new technology in schools. We have a lot of sites blocked ESPECIALLY Twitter/Facebook/Youtube but we are an Elementary School. I have found ways around it by saving anything I need to a jump drive and showing it via projector. How easy has it been to introduce these concepts to the students? Have they come up with any better sites or plans?

    ReplyDelete